Taubman is focused on showing gratitude and creating memories this holiday season with the return of Santa’s Flight Academy and #CommunityFirst.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211101005574/en/
“Santa’s Flight Academy has become a beloved tradition in the community and we are pleased to bring it back in its more traditional format and with less restrictions this year,” said Ivan Frank, vice president of Center Marketing for Taubman. “We are also showing our customers and employees how much we appreciate their loyalty with the #CommunityFirst program that gives back to meaningful causes, spotlights unique stories and rewards shoppers who #BuyNearby.”
Santa’s Flight Academy (November 12 – December 24*)
The one-of-a-kind Santa’s Flight Academy, an immersive holiday experience, returns again this year in partnership with Cherry Hill Programs. In addition to being able to take photos with Santa, children will be transformed into elite cadets in order to join Santa’s flight crew. After being fitted for a virtual flight suit, they will help Santa prepare his sleigh to deliver presents around the world. From navigating Santa’s flight course to powering the sleigh before takeoff, this special experience can only be found at select Taubman shopping centers. To participate, a pre-paid photo package reservation is recommended and can be obtained on each participating mall’s website. Per Cherry Hill Programs, Santa will wear a mask if mandated. All Cherry Hill employees will be masked regardless of mandate, including Elves. All federal, state and local laws and mandates, and CDC guidelines related to the pandemic, will be followed at each shopping center.
Fair Oaks, VA
Auburn Hills, MI
San Juan, PR
Short Hills, NJ
*Exceptions are noted on center websites.
#CommunityFirst - a campaign launched just last year - is designed to show appreciation for loyal customers that #BuyNearby, as well as gratitude for the 2,000 or more retail workers employed per mall that help to power local economies. As part of #CommunityFirst:
- Taubman malls will be closed on Thanksgiving so that mall and tenant employees may celebrate the holiday with loved ones (exception: International Market Place, Honolulu).
- Customers who #BuyNearby have the opportunity to be surprised and delighted by gift card giveaways and pay-it-forward promotions.
- Donations of up to $1,000 will be made to more than 100 charities on behalf of mall and tenant employees who have a passion for giving back. The selected employees will be featured in Community Spotlights in each mall’s social media channels.
- Food and toy drives will be held in participating markets.
- Free local community events, which vary by market, will include tree lighting ceremonies, Santa arrival celebrations and school and community organization performances.
- Retailers who give to charitable causes will be highlighted on center websites and in social media through the Gifts that Give Back Guide.
The Taubman Company LLC is engaged in the management and/or leasing of 26 regional, superregional and outlet malls in the U.S. and Asia. The Taubman Realty Group LLC’s (“TRG”) U.S. properties are among the most productive in the U.S. retail industry. Founded in 1950, TRG is a joint venture between affiliates of Simon Property Group (NYSE:SPG) and the Taubman family and is headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. Taubman Asia, founded in 2005, is headquartered in Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.taubman.com.
Director, Strategic Communications