SOURCE: Tetra TechDESCRIPTION:
Join Tetra Tech in ensuring we all can continue to be resilient against the COVID-19 pandemic by implementing responsive Health & Safety (H&S) practices and resources.
The pandemic will have long-lasting impacts around the world, which means we all must actively mitigate these impacts on our physical and mental health. This means consistently implementing our H&S procedures to keep our employees, clients, and partners Safe Every Day in the field, in the office, and at home. Let’s review the H&S actions we hope to continue even after we transition to a post-pandemic world.
Practice good hygiene
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have learned good hygiene is not simply having clean hands. Good hygiene extends to our overall environment, including the air we breathe. Social distancing helped us become aware of how easily germs spread through the air and their impact on those around us. We can protect ourselves and others by:
- Washing our hands frequently for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizer to minimize transferring germs to other surfaces
- Covering our coughs or sneezes to ensure our respiratory droplets do not occupy another person’s air space
- Frequently disinfecting all high-touch surfaces in the field, in the office, and in our homes and cars
- Staying home when we don’t feel well
Maintain your physical and mental health
Unlike any other emergency event in recent history, the pandemic required many adjustments to our daily lives. These extreme life changes have impacted us physically, mentally, and possibly financially. Overall health has become a primary focus for people around the world. We can maintain our overall health by reviewing:
- The Tetra Tech Employee Assistance Provider information on the Coronavirus and Your Mental Health
- Resources from the National Safety Council on prioritizing your mental health
- Tools 2 Thrive toolkit from Mental Health America
- Coping with Stress from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- Understanding Burn Out During COVID-19 from KonTerra Group
Each of us should get vaccinated when available in your area to help us all smoothly transition to a post-pandemic world. For those who are returning to the office, project site, or traveling for work, getting vaccinated will help ensure you stay healthy and keep your colleagues and loved ones safe from exposure. We can encourage others by sharing these key facts from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention on the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Vaccines can help prevent you from getting COVID-19
- Vaccines help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19
- Vaccinating yourself may also protect those around you from contracting COVID-19
- Vaccines are an important tool in stopping the pandemic
You should consult with your personal healthcare provider to understand if vaccines are appropriate for your health conditions before participating in any vaccination program. Information on the available COVID-19 vaccinations can be found on the World Health Organization website.
Tweet me: .@TetraTech ensures its workspaces continue to be resilient against the #COVID19 pandemic by implementing responsive Health & Safety practices and resources: https://bit.ly/358th3x #LeadingWithScience #SafeEveryDay
KEYWORDS: Tetra Tech, NASDAQ:TTEK