WAYNE, Pa., May 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX), a leading global provider of medical technologies, today announced the launch of two new devices designed to enhance PICC insertion procedures and reduce the chance of complications. The new Arrow® VPS Rhythm® DLX Device and NaviCurve™ Stylet are engineered to work together to give Vascular Access Specialists more efficient and predictable PICC placement.
The next-generation VPS Rhythm® DLX Device provides real-time catheter tip location information by using the patient’s cardiac electrical activity. The device is also available with an optional integrated ultrasound featuring a Catheter-to-Vessel ratio tool that promotes standardization in vessel measurement. This device works in concert with the Arrow® PICC preloaded with the NaviCurve™ Stylet, providing innovative tip navigation/location technologies.
The VPS Rhythm® DLX Device with TipTracker™ Technology eliminates the need for a confirmatory x-ray, helping the clinician insert seamlessly through ultrasound vessel assessment, PICC navigation, to final tip confirmation in the lower third of the superior vena cava.1
Due to the variability of patient vasculature, all PICCs can occasionally have difficulty advancing into the superior vena cava (SVC) on the first attempt. The Arrow® NaviCurve™ Stylet features an anatomical curve and flexible tip that are designed to self-orient to patient anatomy for enhanced PICC advancement into the superior vena cava (SVC) for successful insertion.1
Teleflex conducted extensive research with industry-leading vascular access professionals to design the enhancements featured in the new Arrow® VPS Rhythm® DLX Device, NaviCurve™ Stylet, PICCS, and other insertion accessories.
Clinician-inspired updates to the portfolio include:
- Integrated ultrasound (optional) to assist with vascular access
- Real-time visual catheter navigation, featuring a visualization area twice the size of the BD Sherlock 3CG™2,3
- In benchtop testing, optimal PICC dropping into the lower third of the SVC in a simulated model, with a 90% drop rate on first insertion attempt with the NaviCurve™ Stylet compared to 0% drop rate with market leading PICC from BD1
- Premium kit components available including one-piece, full-body fenestrated drape, ultrasound probe cover with gel, and 3M™Tegaderm™ CHG Securement Dressing
“We remain committed to building strong partnerships with our clinicians and hospitals, and these latest advancements in Arrow® Catheter Insertion Technology from Teleflex align with our mutual goal toward zero catheter-related complications. The introduction of our new positioning device and enhanced catheter design complement our proprietary Arrowg+ard Blue Advance® PICC antimicrobial and antithrombogenic protection that reduces thrombus accumulation and the primary pathogens responsible for most healthcare associated infections.4 With multiple levels of protection, critical innovations, best-in-class education and bedside support, we are well suited to be the partner of choice for our customers.” said Lisa Kudlacz, President and General Manager, Vascular at Teleflex.
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular access, interventional cardiology and radiology, anesthesia, emergency medicine, surgical, urology and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, LMA®, Pilling®, QuikClot®, Rüsch®, UroLift®, and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management's current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to several risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
- Data on file: D041679 Benchtop Stylet Advancement in a Simulated Use Anatomical Model of NaviCurve™ Product Stylet/PICC Assemblies. Bench testing may not be indicative of clinical performance.
- ADHX-001612: Design History File Index for VPS Rhythm® DLX
- SystemSherlock 3CG+Tip Confirmation System for use with Site~Rite 8 Ultrasound System Instructions for Use, Page 24. Available here: https://www.bd.com/assets/documents/PDH/SiteRite-8/0749067_Sherlock-3CGIFU.pdf
- Antimicrobial – In vitro data on file 2010; AVER-004371, AVER-004483, AVAR-000427. No correlation between in vitro / in vivo testing methods and clinical outcomes have currently been ascertained. Antithrombogenic ‐ As compared to uncoated PICCs, intravascular ovine model inoculated with Staph aureus: AVAR‐000427. No correlation between in vitro / in vivo testing methods and clinical outcomes have currently been ascertained.
Clinical assessment of the patient must be completed to ensure no contraindications exist. The Arrowg+ard Blue Advance® PICC is contraindicated in the following areas:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to chlorhexidine
- In presence of device related infections
- In presence of previous or current thrombosis in the intended vessel or along the catheterized vessel pathway.
No correlation between in vitro/in vivo testing methods and clinical outcomes have currently been ascertained.
Tegaderm is a registered trademark of 3M or its affiliates.
Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Arrowg+ard Blue Advance, Deknatel, LMA, NaviCurve, Pilling, QuikClot, Rusch, TipTracker, UroLift, VPS Rhythm, and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2023 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved. MC-008720
Vice President, Investor Relations and Strategy Development