Digitally delivered, human supported programs & tools will support the mental health needs of new parents, teenagers, children and their families
SilverCloud Health, the world’s leading digital mental health platform, that is now part of Amwell®, announced today the launch of a new six course program suite, featuring programs, content, interactive tools and videos aimed at addressing family mental health, in direct response to needs from the COVID-19 pandemic and recent global events.
“The pandemic coupled with global times of uncertainty have put an immense amount of pressure on almost all families – yet there is an alarming lack of effective, accessible, solutions available today that address the needs for the whole family,” said Ken Cahill, General Manager of SilverCloud Health. “Resources are needed now more than ever as households across the U.S. struggle as a result of the global pandemic, and we’re extremely proud to introduce these programs, tools and videos in an effort to help fill these gaps for families at various stages of life. With the introduction of our Family Support Suite, participants will learn about the importance of seeking help, setting goals and self-care, all while building strong support networks in an effort to establish long-lasting, positive results.”
The new family programs, tools and videos were piloted through California’s MemorialCare, a nationally acclaimed leader in integrated primary and behavioral healthcare.
“Family care is incredibly important to us and a key part of our brand, and to see SilverCloud Health tackle the initiative of providing family mental health resources was something we wanted to make sure we were a part of,” said Dr. Mark Schafer, CEO of MemorialCare Medical Group. “On top of addressing this need, SilverCloud Health’s approach to helping our patients build the skill sets they need to achieve success long after the program is over is critically important.”
The programs being launched include Space for Early Parenting, Supporting an Anxious Child, Supporting an Anxious Teen, Space from Anxiety for Teens, Space from Depression for Teens and Space from Depression and Anxiety for Teens. These programs are delivered digitally, helping to also improve access to care for those in need. Leveraging SilverCloud Health’s unique and clinically-validated internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (iCBT), the programs deliver mental health care—at scale—and support:
- Families just getting started: Perinatal needs affect the entire family. Twenty percent of women and approximately 10% of men are affected by perinatal anxiety/depression. Yet, many programs are still created with a single gender focus or focus on just one part of the pregnancy experience (often postpartum). The Space for Early Parenting program focuses on those who are experiencing, or may be at risk of experiencing, subthreshold symptoms of depression and/or anxiety during the duration of the perinatal period. Using iCBT, new parents can learn to better understand their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors and implement positive changes that will improve their wellbeing from conception up until a year after the birth.
Caregivers & guardians of children and teenagers: Studies show that nearly 1 in 5 of those aged 3-17 experience a mental health disorder each year, but because of barriers to accessing and seeking care, most go undiagnosed and untreated. In the midst of the current adolescent health crisis, we have seen particularly limited resources as it pertains to the availability of mental health professionals.
- Supporting an Anxious Child: Designed for caregivers of children, ages 5-11, who are looking to support their child in dealing with worry and anxiety, while learning helpful strategies to tackle their own anxiety. The program incorporates elements of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy such as psychoeducation, relaxation and gradual exposure, with the aim of enabling the child to identify their anxiety, and to apply their skills in anxiety-provoking situations.
- Supporting An Anxious Teen: Designed for caregivers of teens, ages 12-18, who are looking to support their teen in dealing with worry and anxiety, while learning helpful strategies to tackle their own anxiety. The program uses iCBT elements such as psychoeducation, relaxation and gradual exposure, with the aim of enabling the teen to identify their anxiety, and to apply their skills in anxiety-provoking situations.
- Space from Anxiety for Teens: Designed for teens ages 15-18. Using a combination of educational resources, iCBT and coping strategies, the program aims to help this age group learn to better understand their thoughts, feelings and behaviors and has been proven effective in reducing anxiety symptoms.
- Space from Depression for Teens: Helps relieve the symptoms of low mood and depression by encouraging young people, ages 15 – 18, to develop more flexible ways of thinking. The program promotes awareness and understanding of emotions, while highlighting the importance of increasing activity and motivation in daily life. Using iCBT, teens will learn to better understand their feelings, as well as how to make positive changes to how they think and feel.
- Space from Depression and Anxiety for Teens: Designed to relieve the symptoms of anxiety and depression by developing more flexible ways of thinking. The program also encourages teens, ages 15-18, to develop an awareness and understanding of their emotions, while increasing activity and motivation in their daily life. Using iCBT, teens can better understand their thoughts, feelings and behaviors and learn how to make positive changes relating to depression and anxiety.
These programs will be available under a newly offered family suite. For those attending HIMSS 2022, please visit SilverCloud at Amwell’s booth #3109 to learn more about the suite and individual offerings in addition to online here. To learn more about additional comprehensive behavioral healthcare offerings, click here.
About SilverCloud Health
SilverCloud Health is the world’s leading digital mental health company, enabling providers, health plans and employers to deliver clinically validated digital health/therapeutic care that improves outcomes, increases access and scale while reducing costs. The company’s multi-award-winning digital mental health platform is a result of over 18 years of clinical research with leading academic institutions. Today, SilverCloud is being used by over 500 organizations globally to meet their populations’ mental health needs. Global experts have deeply validated the platform through full randomized control trials and real-world data from over half a million SilverCloud users. The platform continues to lead the industry with its effectiveness, engagement and range of clinical programs that encompasses the spectrum of mental health needs. Learn more at www.silvercloudhealth.com.
SilverCloud Health was recently acquired by Amwell (NYSE: AMWL), a leading global telehealth platform that connects and enables providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. The acquisition provides SilverCloud with an opportunity to expand its delivery of proven behavioral healthcare capabilities to further advance the reach and impact of care teams around the globe. To learn more visit: https://business.amwell.com.
American Well, Amwell, SilverCloud, Conversa, Converge and Carepoint are registered trademarks or trademarks of American Well Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220314005072/en/
Paige Romine; 321-652-8370