James D. Farley, Jr. and Patti Poppe will address delegates at world’s preeminent energy conference, March 7-11 in Houston
The CEOs of Ford Motor Company and PG&E Corporation will address delegates in a special dialogue at CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 in Houston, March 7-11.
CEOs James D. Farley, Jr. and Patti Poppe will join moderator Daniel Yergin, CERAWeek conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit, for a special session focused on the advent of electric cars and what that means for the relationship between the auto and electric power industries – and for motorists and consumers.
“We are pleased to welcome PG&E Corporation CEO Patti Poppe and Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Farley to CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 for an important and timely dialogue,” Yergin said. “This year’s conference is keenly focused on the challenges of balance inherent to the energy transition—between what amounts to a rapid transformation of the world’s $86 trillion economy and the need for stable and reliable energy flows and means of transport that people rely on.
“The automotive and electric utility sectors are at the forefront of this transition, and they are increasingly interconnected in shaping its outcome. Both Ford Motor Company and PG&E Corporation are leaders in conceptualizing and shaping this future, and we are grateful to have the two distinguished CEOs of these companies bring their unique knowledge, experience and insights to what will be a stimulating and eye-opening discussion.”
CERAWeek 2022: Pace of Change: Energy, Climate and Innovation will examine the challenges and opportunities of reducing emissions while supplying the needs of a growing global economy in the era of energy transition. The conference is returning to Houston for its 40th annual gathering after being hosted as an all-virtual event in 2021.
Produced by IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, the CERAWeek 2022 conference program will explore key themes related to More Energy, Lower Emissions; Geopolitics and Energy Markets; Workforce of the Future; Competitive Landscape and the Energy Transition; Supply Chains; and Financing the Energy Future.
The conference will also feature the CERAWeek Innovation Agora, serving as the center of technology and innovation programming at the event. Featuring a community of thought leaders, technologists, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials, the Innovation Agora will showcase transformational technology platforms in the energy space ranging from digitalization, AI, analytics and connectivity, robotics, blockchain, additive manufacturing, mobility and decarbonization. Newly added for 2022 will be dedicated “Agora Hubs” focused on hydrogen and carbon management.
CERAWeek 2022 speakers will include (partial list):
- Jennifer Granholm – secretary of energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- John F. Kerry – special presidential envoy for climate, United States
- Vicki Hollub – CEO, Occidental
- Amin Nasser – president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Bernard Looney – CEO, bp
- Patti Poppe – CEO, PG&E Corporation
- James D. Farley, Jr. – CEO, Ford Motor Company
- Pedro Pizarro – president and CEO, Edison International
- Ben van Beurden – CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Patrick Pouyanné – chairman of the board and CEO, TotalEnergies
- Jim Fitterling – chairman and CEO, Dow
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo – secretary general, OPEC
- Ignacio Galán – chairman and CEO, Iberdrola, S.A.
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya – chairman, IndianOil
- Maria Pope – president and CEO, Portland General Electric
- Ryan Lance – chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber – minister of industry and advanced technology; special envoy for climate change and chairman of Masdar, United Arab Emirates; Group CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Dr. Fatih Birol – executive director, International Energy Agency
- Josu Jon Imaz – CEO, Repsol
- Jill Evanko – CEO and president, Chart Industries
- Hon. Richard Glick – chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Miranda Ballentine – CEO, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)
- Ernie Thrasher – CEO and chief marketing officer, Xcoal Energy and Resources
- Øyvind Eriksen – president and CEO, Aker ASA
- Peter Terwiesch – president, process automation and member of group executive committee, ABB
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire – chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- RJ Scaringe – CEO, Rivian
- Barbara Burger – vice president, innovation, Chevron; president, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Carri Lockhard – executive vice president, technology, digital and innovation, Equinor
- Christian Bruch – president and CEO, Siemens Energy
- Sunita Narain – director general, Center for Science and Environment
- Amos Hochstein – senior advisor for energy security, U.S. Department of State
- Dan Brouillette – president, Sempra Infrastructure
- Emma Delaney – executive vice president, customers and products, bp
- Daniel Poneman – president and CEO, Centrus Energy
- Scott Sheffield – CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Hon. Sonya Savage – minister of energy, Alberta, Canada
- Mark Little – president and CEO, Suncor
- Felipe Bayón – CEO, Ecopetrol S.A.
- Dawn Summers – member of the executive board and COO, region EMEA, Wintershall Dea AG
- Mark Nelson – executive vice president, downstream and chemicals, Chevron
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 will be held March 7-11 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2022 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications are subject to approval and can be submitted at the following link: https://ceraweek.com/about/press.html
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2022 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.