We all want floors in our home that look great, but sometimes there are other factors which are just as important. If you have a busy home with pets, kids and plenty of entertaining then you need a floor that can stand up to the onslaught. If you are preparing a property for rental you want a floor that you can install and forget about. And if you are on a budget you want to know that your investment is going to last. In all these examples, finding the most durable floors will be just as important as what they look like.
Specifically we will be looking at suitable high traffic flooring with a wood effect including bamboo, cork, solid hardwood and laminate. For the other types of durable floors that are best for high traffic areas.
Bamboo flooring with its good looks, price and sustainable eco-friendly label has made it an incredibly popular choice in the last few years. However popularity has been a double-edged sword in terms of durability. Increased overseas production and attempts to create more competitively priced flooring has led to lower quality products entering the market. Higher quality bamboo flooring with 7-8 coats of a tough aluminum oxide finish with high density planks from trusted manufacturers will be very durable, but cheaper flooring made from younger bamboo with only three to four coats can be easily dented and get marked by high heels.
Solid hardwood flooring is certainly a durable flooring option and high quality, well maintained hardwood floor will outlast us all! Nevertheless there is plenty to consider if we want the most durable hardwood floor available. Here are three factors to consider.
When durability is your number one concern then you should be aiming for a hard hardwood like Brazilian redwood rather than a soft wood like pine, which will dent and ding fairly easily. Regardless of which wood you choose you should still be aware that the finish of your floor is the first and most important protection to aid durability. It is the finish that takes the main brunt of wear and tear. If after some years your hardwood floors are looking a bit shabby you can always re-sand and re-finish your floors again, one of the main reasons that your hardwood floor can last a lifetime.
Not as classy, but much more durable and a good deal cheaper laminate flooring is a great alternative to bamboo, cork and hardwood floors and a perfect high traffic flooring option for busy households. With a high density fiberboard core and a transparent resin top wear layer a good quality laminate floor is as close as you’re going to get to indestructible. Laminate floors laugh at dog claws and high heels! Hardly surprising then that some top manufactures are happy to offer a 25 year guarantee against wear and tear.
Furthermore unlike most wood flooring, laminate is pretty resistant to sunlight fading and moisture. Laminate still contains wood and should therefore still be acclimatised and you should consult a Americarpet flooring expert when considering installation in a basement or bathroom. Laminate flooring is a budget friendly option.
Porcelain That Looks Like Wood Flooring
In terms of pure flooring durability we’ve saved the best for last. Porcelain tile flooring can easily endure heavy foot traffic at both residential and commercial locations while not reducing its color and beauty! It is used for many decorative and functional purposes but regarded as an ideal choice for flooring applications. Some of the advantages of porcelain tile flooring are mentioned below:
- Porcelain tile is the most resistant to water from leaks and spills.
- Porcelain tile is both harder and denser than many other ceramic tile products
- Porcelain tile is frost-resistant, and often frost-proof
- Porcelain tile is highly resistant to stain, scratch, and moisture
- Porcelain tile is a hard wearing material which is resistant to harsher cleaning agents, scratches, stains, fading, heavy loads and fire.
- Porcelain tile is available in glazed as well as unglazed varieties.
- It is strong and long-lasting.
- It can be easily installed in heavy traffic areas .
- Porcelain tile flooring is aesthetically pleasing.
- It has a high breaking strength. Porcelain contains less clay and more feldspar (a mineral). It’s also pressed at a higher pressure.
- Porcelain tile flooring has low water absorption. Therefore, less staining occurs on these floors and they are easier to clean.
- Porcelain tile flooring offers a wide range of colors and textures, and many different designs and styles. Professionals can produce an accurate recreation of the look of natural stone, granite, slate, travertine, limestone, marble, quartzite, terracotta and even woods and metals.
- Porcelain tile flooring can be easily maintained
Please visit our websites:
You can also call us at (305) 945-2973 for individual quotes based on your specific dimensions. One of our representatives will be able to assist you in your order. Due to customization these items are made when ordered.
Company Name: Americarpet
Contact Person: Juan Werner
Email: Send Email
Phone: (305) 945-2973
Address:364 NE 167th St.
Country: United States